Re: Third call for votes for the debian project leader election 2006

On 6 Apr 2006, Eddy Petrişor said:

> On 4/6/06, Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org> wrote:
>>> Did it ever occur to you that one can be an active Debian
>>> contributor and not use Debian at all ?
>>
>> No. And even if it did, I fail to see how that is relevant
>> here. You cannot be an active Debian contributor without knowing
>> about its culture, which is what Marc was talking about.
>
> Tell that to Clytie.

        Be that as it may, one should not get to make decisions
 critical to the project without knowing the projects culture,
 methodologies, philosophy, and the basics of its internal structures.

        I also can't put much trust in a person to not harm Debian
 (delibrately or inadvertently), if there level of involvement and
 commitment to the project isn't demonstrable.

        Lacking that, I would humbly thank the person for their
 contribution, acknowledge it, and leave enfranchisement off the
 table.

        manoj
--
Sometimes, too long is too long. Joe Crowe