Re: Third call for votes for the debian project leader election 2006

On 6 Apr 2006, JC Helary said:

> On 2006/04/06, at 22:50, Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt wrote:
>
>> And anyway, it's not like people who should consider to join have
>> nothing to do with Debian and don't know the particularities of its
>> culture - even if this is unclear to people who are new to Debian,
>> it should be no problem for an active contributor.
>
> Did it ever occur to you that one can be an active Debian
> contributor and not use Debian at all ?

        Contribution itself does not merit the right to decide how
 the project conducts business. Involvement in, and commitment to, and
 taking responsibility for some area of the project, well, that is
 what get you voting rights.

> Obviously this thread started with somebody who is a very active
> contributor for whom it was unclear.

        Active contributor to Ubuntu, I think. She should get Ubuntu
 voting rights.

        manoj
--
I just ate a whole package of Sweet Tarts and a can of Coke. I think I
saw God. Hathrume Duk