Re: More polls and social pressure

* Raphael Hertzog (hertzog@debian.org) disait :
> Please take into account that the second part of my mail is only an idea,
> that it's in no way perfect. I know it looks like public delation and so
> on. I'm looking forward for ideas to improve this proposal.

Hmmm, even if I'm sure Raphael wants to help the project, I dont think
this idea is a good one, I'm telling you why.

On high-trafic mailing-lists, you find flamewars, ever.

Trying to stop that with an administrative procedure won't fix the
problem and will waste a lot of time and energy.

Moreover, I fear that such things can lead very easily to a very bad
astmosphear within the project.

The best way to deal with flamewars is just to ignore them.

I loose too much time in filtering by hand my debian-devel mailbox to
find non flamewars topics, I don't want to overload this with weekly poll.

Best regards,

	Alexis

--
Alexis Sukrieh <sukria@sukria.net>