Re: Honesty in Debian (was Re: Amendment to GR on GFDL, and the changes to the Social Contract

On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 08:35:02AM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> That's not correct.  The project simply voted not to removed it at that
> time, by defeating the GR.  There was no affirmative vote to keep
> non-free as far as I can remember.

That's why we have web archives:

     Dropping Option 1 because of Majority.  0.765 (199/260) <= 3
     Option 2 passes Majority.               1.949 (304/156) > 1

  The winner is: Option 2 Choice 2: Re-affirm support for non-free

  -- http://www.debian.org/vote/2004/vote_002

> The amendment that passed was
> a no-op that basically said that the status quo remains.
> Not only that, but there were people that voted to abolish non-free, so
> to state that "we all voted to keep it" is erroneous.

We voted to keep it by almost 2:1.

Cheers,
aj