Re: Debian derivatives and the Maintainer: field (again)

Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org> writes:
> I would very much appreciate if folks would review
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2005/05/msg00260.html and consider the
> points that I raise there.  I put some effort into collating the issues
> which came up the last time and presenting them.

In some cases (for example library bindings) the exact versions of all
used packages plays a big role. I don't care very much about the
handling of normal packages (as long as the maintainer name is changed
when the source is changed), but I'd prefer if Ubuntu (and other
Debian derivatives) would ensure for those cases that the Maintainer
field is changed to the person doing the recompile (and YES, it needs to
be a person to do, oh, how do you call it, *tests*)

Marc
--
BOFH #276:
U.S. Postal Service