Re: Debian derivatives and the Maintainer: field (again)

Adam Heath <doogie@debian.org> writes:

> * 1 FETCH (BODY[TEXT] {1008}
> On Tue, 17 Jan 2006, Otavio Salvador wrote:
>
>> In my point of view, maintainer field just need to be change when
>> Ubuntu does a non-trivial change on it. Otherwise, at least to me, is
>> OK to leave the maintainer field unchanged. Directly imported source
>> (that will be just recompiled by Ubuntu) doesn't need to be change
>> since it's the same source code that runs on Debian.
>
> But linked against other libraries.  The binary is downloaded from another
> location(or installed from a different cd set).  The program used to do the
> download may be different.

Using this as rule, then all Debian CDD distributions would need to
recompile all sources to change the maintainer field. This include
Debian-EDU, Debian-BR-CDD and others. That's what you think is
correct?

In case of CDDs, the only exception is it isn't build against other
libraries but it is installed by different cd set and downloaded from
another location in many cases.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116