Re: For those who care about their packages in Ubuntu

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> David Nusinow <david_nusinow@verizon.net> writes:

> >> Then, um, don't.  Doesn't affect me either way.
> >
> > Thomas, if you don't care about a topic please don't waste all of our time
> > while you browbeat your opposition (and in this case, fellow Debian
> > developer) in to the ground. Some of us who do care might want to see
> > something positive come out of this long and painful thread.
>
> I do care about the topic.  I do not care about Matt's ego.

I'm in line with David. Thomas, if you care about the topic, you must be
interested in convincing the one who can make a change on Ubuntu's policy.
And the person in question is Matt. If you scare your only interlocutor
with Ubuntu, then you can be sure that you won't get what you want.

And what's interesting is the actual result, not the discussion itself !
(Or reworded: avoid flames if you want a positive outcome, otherwise it
would look like you're only interesed in the confrontation)

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog