Re: For those who care about their packages in Ubuntu

Matt Zimmerman <mdz@ubuntu.com> writes:

> In my opinion, it's much more practical and reasonable for there to be an
> agreement on consistent treatment of all packages, than for each Debian
> derivative to try to please individual maintainers with differing tastes on
> this subject.

Your strategy seems to be to do something which pisses off almost
everyone who has been near it, with your excuse being that there is
not absolute unanimity on the alternative.

Notice that there is no agreement that what you are doing now is
right, and to boot, it's contrary to the Debian policy manual too.

Thomas