Re: Explications needed...

On Fri, Dec 29, 2006 at 11:20:30AM +0100, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> An arm buildd maintainer not reading debian-arm@l.d.o is simply not
> doing his job as buildd maintainer. You can't pretend to be the one
> handling builds for the whole archive while not following discussions
> around problems specific to this architecture.

I think you're confusing the buildd admin with the porters.  I expect
porters to read the debian-$arch@list.debian.org list, I don't expect
the same from the buildd admin.

The buildd admin's job is getting packages built, while the porter's is
to deal with architecture specific issues.

The buildd admins aren't always also porters for that arch.  But I
think it would be a good thing that (some) porters also see all the
buildd logs.  That way they know alot faster about problems the port
might have.

Kurt