Re: Explications needed...

On Wed, Dec 20, 2006 at 05:42:01PM +0100, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 20, 2006 at 05:29:41PM +0100, Michael Banck wrote:
> > On Wed, Dec 20, 2006 at 05:03:35PM +0100, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
> > >   Aurelien mailed debian-arm, went to #debian-arm, had no response. He
> > > then warn about his intention [1] to run qemu-based autobuilders to fill
> > > the gap due to broken arm buildds. He did that on the open, and got ...
> > > zero answers.
> >
> > He wrote in his blog about setting up an emulated arm buildd, but didn't
> > explicitely say he'd upload .debs with it (though one could maybe read
> > that between the lines).
>
>   that does still not explains why he has not been contacted, why the
> arm buildd admins have been so quick to ban Aureliens uploads and not
> fixing the buildds (as Aurélien did that __because__ he got 0 answers),
> etc...
>
>   I'm sorry, but I don't buy the "If you have 0 answer, then you can't
> say that your coordination failed" argument, that's pure (sorry) crap.
> That would mean that any delegate that becomes silent can block the
> whole release cycle by just becoming /dev/null,...
Hi,
if there is a blockage of an arch because of buildd failures and the
buildd maintainer, etc. are non-responsive, what is the hierarchy of who
to contact?  buildd admin, then tech commtte, then ftpmaster, then RM, then
DPL?
cheers,
Kev
ps. it seems Aurelien was 'routing around a problem' with no malicious
intension which runs contrary to the word 'rogue' which was used to
describe his actions.