Re: Please appoint one new person to the DSA Team

On Wednesday 20 December 2006 22:06, Anthony Towns wrote:
> It would also be helpful if there were people who are able to
> commit time to do significant but boring tasks to help DSA, expecting
> neither praise, acknowledgement or, most importantly, any additional
> rights/priveleges in return. If that's you please mail me privately,
> probably at leader@d.o.

Anthony,

I spend part of my time maintaining a few dozen Linux systems in a
variety of flavors.  I see that Debian also maintains a few dozen
Linux systems[1].  There are people around who maintain hundreds
or even thousands of Linux systems.

1) Approximately how many person hours per month are commited to
   Debian System Administration by the current team?

2) Approximately how many additional person hours per month are required?

3) What kind of useful non-automated admin tasks can be accomplished
   without privileges?

4) What kind of Debian Project unprivileged admin tasks are so secret
   that discussion thereof must occur in private?

Thanks for your time,

--Mike Bird

[1] http://db.debian.org/machines.cgi