Re: Please appoint one new person to the DSA Team

> On Sun, Dec 17, 2006 at 09:06:01PM +0100, Aurelien Jarno wrote:

>> It is known among debian developers that the Debian System
>> Administration Team (aka DSA or debian-admin@lists.debian.org) is not
>> really responsive.

> So apparently this complaint was immediately followed up by setting up
> an emulated autobuilder not synced in with the regular buildd.debian.org
> stuff [0]. This resulted in James and Ryan adding a quick hack to
> disable arm uploads, which have remained disabled over the past few
> days, apparently with some of the deferred uploads from the official
> autobuilder getting overwritten by later uploads by Aurelian's
> autobuilder.

It's unfortunate that this has escalated in that way, all the way around.
ARM support in Debian will suffer because of it, good will will suffer
because of it, and the whole project will be worse off.

It seems like this escalation is the direct result of a lack of
communication leading to frustrating from people trying to get work done
whose work was being blocked.

Would you, as DPL, please try to address the original issue?  I don't care
if that's done via changes to DSA or not (and certainly any such changes
should be only done after discussion with the DSA team), but this is a
serious problem and it needs to be fixed, and it needed to be fixed
*before* frustration resulted in this unfortunate escalation of tensions
between people who are all trying to do the right thing for the project.