Re: Debian Etch Stable.

On Tue, Dec 12, 2006 at 09:11:31AM +0100, Julien BLACHE wrote:
> Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> wrote:
> > Personally, I'd say that now would be the time for any anti-payment
> > people to say "we can do this better, and look, we'll prove it", and make
> > up their own target date for etch, and demonstrate how much energy and
> Now if only you could understand that we don't give a shit about the
> release date, that would be a great step forward.
> Only quality matters.

Quality is not, and has never been, the question.

The question is whether we can hit our quality target without forcing our
users to put up with obsolete software -- either the previous release's
because we keep delaying the release date, or the forthcoming release's
because we have an overly extended freeze.

Cheers,
aj