Re: Sun T2000 available for SPARC development

Bill Allombert <ballombe@master.debian.org> writes:

> I propose to set up a lintian.debian.org-equivalent for sparc on this
> machine, but this requires 10GB of diskspace and a local mirror. Tell me
> if you think it is possible/a good idea.

> (see http://merkel.debian.org/~ballombe/lintian-svn/lintian.html for
> lintian.debian.org-equivalent for ia64.)

How much is there in lintian that requires running on the host
architecture now?  It used to be that binutils-multiarch was required, but
after some experimentation, that no longer seems to be the case.  I think
running lintian across the entire archive may just be a matter of changing
the harness scripts to just do it (and do it on a fast enough machine that
it will finish in a reasonable amount of time); I'm not sure that we need
to run lintian natively on each architecture.