Re: Day light saving patch 2007

Hi,

please avoid sending HTML emails, since those are sometimes quite
difficult to read in a text-only system. Thanks.
(see my answers below)

On Wed, 2006-11-15 at 11:29 -0500, Perumal, Premkumar wrote:
> Team
>
> I was searching for some patches for the day light saving patch 2007
> in debian and I couldn't find anything. But I found the link below

> http://people.debian.org/~terpstra/message/20061005.205220.2e89b18e.en.html
>
> Which explains that updated version of tzdata already have this patch
> applied; this was fixed in sarge as of 2.3.2.ds1-22sarge1 and it will
> work automatically....

IIRC in sarge this is part of libc6.

> Now my question is my system is in
> jamaica:/etc# uname -a
> Linux jamaica 2.4.27-1-686-smp #1 SMP Fri Sep 3 06:34:36 UTC 2004 i686
> GNU/Linux
>
> Is it above or below? I am not sure. Can you please guide us? And tell
> us how to check and whether we are okay for the daylight patch.

The command uname shows which kernel you use, but that has nothing to do
with the timezone you're in. To check if youŕe up to date run

	dpkg -l libc6

and in the column called Version you should find something like
2.3.2.ds1 ..., e.g. 2.3.2.ds1-22sarge4.

If the number you see there is below 2.3.2, you should upgrade your
system, if it is 2.3.2.ds1-22sarge1 or with a higher number at the end,
you're fine.

Regards
	-- hgb