Re: Proposal: Handling of changelog bug closures in Debian derived distros

On Tue, 14 Nov 2006, Bart Martens wrote:
> I don't think that the Debian project should lead this discussion.

We are the origin of the tools, and we are the "upstream" for them, so
*yes*, we are to be part of, and maybe even lead this discussion.

> No, I don't think that Debian is responsible for helping derivatives to
> automate the updating of the derivatives' bug tracking systems.
>
> Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with cooperating with Ubuntu
> or other derivatives.  But I think that joint efforts should make Debian
> better.  If not then I wonder if Debian should do the efforts.

It will make my life as a DD easier when maintaining my Debian packages
where I want to merge from other debian-based distros, or if we have a
cross-distro co-maintenance of a package...

This is, as usual, something we better join in so that a good-for-everyone
solution is found and implemented before it results in too many work for all
involved.

  Henrique Holschuh