Re: Use of tokens for access to Debian resources?

Andrew Pollock <apollock@debian.org> writes:

> I'm inclined to agree with Russell Coker[1], in that Debian should use
> something like RSA tokens to control access to Debian resources.
>
> Given that use of project funds for something like Dunc-Tank was already
> demed inappropriate, maybe the project will consider this a more suitable
> use of some of its funds?

If you are refering in this mail to these little thingies which display
a number whenever you press a button, the day that Debian will
start to use these things for serious stuff is the day that I will quit
the project.  As a blind individual, such security mechanisms would
totally disable me frm working with the system, and at that point,
I'd have to quit.

In my opinion, RSA tokens are very evil, from an accessibility point of view.
Since you effectively state that only people with working eye-sight
are competent enough to use your system.

--
CYa,
  .''`. | Get my public key via finger mlang@db.debian.org