Re: DPL caretaking

On Tue, 3 Oct 2006 16:13:58 -0400, Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> said:

> Anthony Towns wrote:
>> Sorry this took longer than I'd hoped. Anyway here's the caretaking
>> stuff so we can get on with the DPL recall vote stuff without
>> having to worry about things being left in the lurch. I'll be
>> trying to avoid exercising any DPL powers from now until the votes
>> are dealt with, assuming nothing insane pops up in the meantime.

> So 5 or Q or whatever it is people can block the DPL from doing
> anything for 1 or 2 months just by proposing a recall? Isn't that
> broken?

        Err, are you saying the DPL's decision is broken? Since it is
 aj's decision you are questioning now.

        As to the value of K, I think I would be happy with  2%
 replacing the hard coded 5 (and let there be anther value for the
 tech ctte if we need).

        L = 5 or 2%, whichever is larger.
        K = Q or L, whichever is smaller.

        Of course, this probably means joeyh shall killfile this
 thread too, since I am talking about the constitution.

        manoj
--
The primary difference [...] is that the Java programm will reliably
and obviously crash, whereas the C Program will do something obscure