Re: Debian firefox

klhrevolutionist@charter.net wrote:
> I do hope that debian can overcome the recent of firefox. It is nice for them
> to show their true colors.
> That being said I hope that debian can muster enough support to fork firefox
> into a new browser. One in which is truly free & and embraces opensource.

Not sure what you mean. Firefox is free- and opensource. AFAIK they are
only trying to protect their brand/trademark, which is IMHO ok, since
the code itself is still free. They just want to make sure, that a
product wearing the official logo and carrying the official name
actually *is* the official firefox.

BTW, Debian has some restrictions too when you want to use the official

Bastian Venthur