Re: Filibustering general resolutions

Manoj Srivastava writes ("Filibustering general resolutions"):
>         Due to a loop hole in the constitution, any group of 6 Debian
>  developers can delay any general resolution indefinitely by putting
>  up their own amendment, and every 6 days, making substantiative
>  changes in their amendment (they can just rotate between a small
>  number of very different proposals).

I don't think that's true; I think you've misread it.

A.2(4):

 4. The minimum discussion period is counted from the time the last formal
    amendment was accepted, or since the whole resolution was proposed if no
    amendments have been proposed and accepted.

If the original proposers of the GR don't accept the amendment, then
the discussion period isn't restarted.

Ian.