Re: The Sourceless software in the kernel source GR

>         Seems like I'm damned if I do, and damned if I don't.

It seems to me as if what happened was:

You thought the "preamble" was rationale and not part of the
resolution proper; but the proposer said "no, that was an important
part of the resolution proper."

What's wrong with the proposer's word winning there?  You just modify
the draft ballot and say "thanks for making it clear", and you can, if
you wish and are concerned that shenanigans are afoot, ask the
seconders whether they wish to keep their second in force.

But, that said, I don't object to a clearer procedure if it's easy
enough to follow, and the one you just posted seems reasonably easy to
follow.

Thomas