Re: Security incident on Alioth and other Alioth news

On Thu, 07 Sep 2006, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> On Wed, 06 Sep 2006, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> > On Wed, 06 Sep 2006, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > > Running svn/bzr/arch/git on a separate machine adds very little security
> > > since all the accounts of costa are copies of the accounts on alioth. And
> >
> > Time to fix that, then.
> [...]
> > Just remove all password-based shell access, make it key-based only.
>
> Please stop giving me orders.

I am not ordering anyone to do anything.  Sorry if it sounded like this, but
on the other hand, I did not appreciate your sarcastic reply either, which
is why I used a tongue-in-cheek tone.

> We're open to suggestion, we're open for discussion, we're open for help
> too. Alioth/Gforge has an integrated SSH key handling mechanism and we
> could indeed remove the password based login (even if we keep everything
> on a single host).

Well, what could I help you with that would allow Alioth to drop password
logins?

> Are you volunteering to help us on a daily basis or are you only giving
> orders to your fellow ?

Sure I can help.  Please point me and other volunteers to where we can find
a task list, and how do we coordinate with you guys.

  Henrique Holschuh