Re: Security incident on Alioth and other Alioth news

(Mail redirected to debian-project, and to the Alioth team contact)

On Wed, 06 Sep 2006, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> This move will let us merge costa.d.o (svn/bzr/arch/git.d.o), and haydn.d.o
> (alioth.debian.org) on a single host. This also means that the transition can't

Thus guaranteeing that futher security incidents on a host that allows
people to install software are now going to affect the version control
systems.

Please reconsider.  svn/bzr/arch/git.d.o should run on an audited machine,
where we have little access other than enough to do local repository
maintenance, and where no untrusted software is allowed.

  Henrique Holschuh