Re: Proposal: The DFSG do not require source code for data, including firmware

On Aug 23, Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> Indeed, but would it not make more sense, to aknowledge that the firmware is
> non-free, and then argue that we should include it nonetheless, instead of
> making obviously false claims like "firmware are not programs" ?
"Firmwares are not programs *for the purpose of DFSG compliance*" is a
statement which may or may not be true, but will not obviously false
(or not) until we will known the outcome of this GR.
I do not mind either way anyway, my purpose it to make Debian an useful
and free (as-in-freedom) Linux distribution, not arguing about the
general definition of the word "firmware".

--
ciao,
Marco