Re: policy for planet.debian.org

* Stefano Zacchiroli [Fri, 04 Aug 2006 14:42:36 +0200]:

> While we are at it, is there also a policy for *personal* blogs?

> It seems to me it is not just a DD blogs aggregator, we also have people
> working on debian related SoC projects and non-DD maintainers. Is there
> a clear line distinguishing who is entitled to ask the addition of its
> blog?

I think it's just the same as for packages. Anybody who feels they have
something worth of uploading is "entitled to ask". And anything that a
developer will sign is "entitled to enter".

> No polemic intended, I'm just curious about us having such a policy or
> not.

There, I just gave you about a thousand. ;-) Seriously, though, I pretty
much like the "seems like nowish is ok for me to be there" mantra, and
seems to be working fine, at least for now.

(Not always works, though, see [1]. The quoted text in Spanish says:
"having this [Spanish Debian] Planet link to my blog is like a dream,
and probably what would make me jump to a higher level of commitment".)

  [1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-spanish/2006/06/msg00113.html

P.S.: I *love* vim7's g+ and g-. Saved my ass in this very same message.

Cheers,

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right.
                -- Isaac Asimov