Re: NMUs and (auto-)subscription to the PTS

On Mon, Jul 31, 2006 at 06:35:57AM +0200, Adeodato Simó wrote:
> ISTR a discussion about automatically subscribing NMUers to the PTS for
> the package, and dropping the subscription with the next upload of the
> package (be it a maintainer upload or not).

I think it would be "fair" only if the NMUers will get unsubscribed as
soon as the real maintainer acknowledge the NMU, closing the
fixed-in-NMU bugs.

I also like Sven's proposal of automatically subscribing people listed
in the "Uploaders:" field, with the same policy though: they should be
subscribed as long as they are listed in that field.

More generally, my principle would be that all people playing the
maintainer role should have the same communication capability of the
real maintainer. That capabilities should remain as long as they play
the maintainer role.

Thanks for this idea, it's an interesting and useful one.
Cheers.