Re: Why does Ubuntu have all the ideas?

Matthew Garrett wrote:
> Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> wrote:
>> What if we introduced the concept of "area" maintenance? Like saying
>> "Matthew Garrett is part of our hardware support team, so can thus NMU
>> any package that needs changes to support that release goal." with the
>> proviso that a bug gets filed with the NMU patch [0] at the same time.
>> We already have something like that with 0-day NMUs for certain
>> transitions authorised by the RMs.

> That's certainly an interesting idea, and I'd be happy to explore it.
> How do other people feel?

Do you have a rough overview (maybe from your ubuntu experience) which
(types of) packages will be affected?
I do have the impression that most maintainers will have no problem with
people improving Debian. That said, it always helps to communicate as
much and early as reasonably possible.

Kind regards

T.
--