Re: package ownership in Debian (was: Why does Ubuntu have all the ideas?)

On 7/28/06, Adeodato Simó <dato@net.com.org.es> wrote:
* Gustavo Franco [Fri, 28 Jul 2006 14:38:52 -0300]:

> * Promote NMU LowThreshold wiki list giving it some official status.

And remember that (well done) NMUs are not only for bugs of RC severity.
For example, I'm going to upload to 7-delayed a fix for #368917, sending
the patch to the BTS at the same time.

Yes, i agree. My point was that we can do the "promote NMU
LowThreshold" thing before Etch, and after that do more intrusive
changes in the way we maintain packages, that involves ban the NMU
concept, except for groups or groups of groups maintaining packages.

regards,
-- stratus