Re: Constitutional Amendment GR: Handling assets for the project

On Tue, Jul 25, 2006 at 04:52:07AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:

> Debian developers are given automatic status as contributing members in
> SPI, and I know two board members have explicitly encouraged people
> to be involved in SPI recently:
>
>     http://wiki.gag.com/cgi-bin/blosxom/2006/07/20#2006.07.20
>     http://mako.cc/copyrighteous/freesoftware/20060705-00.html

I completely agree with everything you've said, and I'm glad you have
felt included in SPI.

I just wanted to add a couple of things..

I used to post SPI news to debian-devel-announce periodically, but
stopped when it seemed there wasn't much interest (so I felt it wasn't
worth the effort).

> It might be worthwhile for us to consider something like that too --
> like finding another DD who can join the board list, and who's job is
> to make sure that some of the stuff discussed there actually gets out
> to everyone else when it should.

That is an *excellent* suggestion, and would surely help mutual
understanding between Debian and SPI.

-- John