Re: Hello

On Wednesday 19 July 2006 23:16, nss@mt.net.mk wrote:
> We have released the first
> macedonian CERT team who can help Macedonia
> reduce the cyber crime.

Good to hear!

> So, I'm e-mailing you for the reason that we are
> looking for your permission
> to add the debian.org link on our website

No premission is needed to link to our website.  Just do it.

> ... looking for your partnership ...

I don't understand what you are looking for.  Debian is an all-volounteer
organisation, not a company, so our resources are severely limited.  You
may use Debian, and we are happy to receive your feedback via the usual
channels (mailing lists, bug tracking system, ... - see
<http://www.debian.org/devel/join/>).  We are, in return, happy to provide
what assistance we can through the usual channels (Debian users's mailing
list <http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/>, #debian IRC channel on OFTC,
see also <http://www.debian.org/support>.

Beyond that, please specify more precisely how you think you could profit
from a partnership, and how the Debian project could profit from such a
partnership.  Be advised, however, that the Debian project does not usually
enter into official partnership agreements etc. with corporations, but
instead works together on an individual basis (i.e. where in the corporate
world an official partnership would be announced, in the "Debian world" you
would just sponsor some work to be done on Debian.  See, for example, the
recent announcements about the Bhutan Government, and other organisations,
helping to create Debian-based DzongkhaLinux:
<http://www.debian.org/News/2006/20060719>)

You may contact me directly, I will try to be of assistance.  (Please be
aware that communications sent to the debian-project email address are
public.)

greetings
-- vbi