Re: "Debian Powered" Logo

On Mon, Jul 03, 2006 at 10:17:25PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 02, 2006 at 11:03:19PM -0700, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> > Debian has a much more direct and special relationship to Ubuntu than Linus
> > or RMS; I'm sure you can recognize that.
>
> Though I note the Ubuntu home page is titled "Welcome - Ubuntu Linux",
> rather than "Ubuntu GNU" or "Ubuntu Debian"... ;)

That's true, though you'll notice that the rest of the site does not use
that terminology.

As for the use of "Linux" in the tagline, that is the most widely recognized
way to refer to an operating system which uses the Linux kernel, and indeed,
free software systems in general are best known by that name.  I'm not going
to argue the technical or political correctess of that terminology, but it's
a word that people know.

(and with that, I think this has gotten completely off-topic for a Debian
list and the thread should end here)

--
 - mdz