Re: Shouldn't we have more ftp masters ?

Your mail is not about general development of the Debian distribution
and thus rather on topic on debian-project, please follow-up there.

On Sun, May 28, 2006 at 08:27:26PM +0200, Hans Kroegle wrote:
>    It seems that the ftp-masters haven't looked at the NEW queue
> during the last month (or maybe only for java), and its size is still
> increasing (see http://haydn.debian.org/~corsac-guest/new/ ). I agree
> that they may want to take vacations, but IMHO, NEW is such an
> important process for Debian that it shouldn't be left aside like this
> for a so long time. It's why I think that if there isn't currently
> enought ftp-masters to ensure that the NEW process will work without
> interruptions, we should have more ftp-masters.

I don't think NEW is that critical, but it would sure be nice if it gets
processed from time to time.

The FTP-masters are choosing additions to their team themselves and I
think they are the best in place to judge when they need help.

As for the current situation of both ftp-assisstants being on leave,
maybe one of the regular ftp-masters could jump in and process the NEW
queue for the time being?  I have CC'd them on this mail.

Michael

--
Michael Banck
Debian Developer