Re: Debian-based miniVDR violates GPL (FYI)

"Ciuca, Josephine" <josephine.ciuca@sap.com>
> only get the sources for 15eur and if I think it's expensive, I should
> use other distribution. This is abusive usage of the GPL code. Please
> let me know if I should forward these mails too or if you need anything.

Only copyright holders can enforce the GPL.  From the site
http://www.minivdr.de/home/ it looks like it will include
much copyright material licensed by debian developers and the
GNU project.  Could you send a summary to debian-legal (email
will be public) or the FSF's violation address (private AIUI)
for review, to let those who can act decide what to do about it?

Please do not forward their mails, but quote them as needed
to make your case.  Don't want miniVDR accusing you of
copyright infringement, do you?

Hope that helps,
Laux nur mia opinio: vidu http://people.debian.org/~mjr/