Re: Debian-based miniVDR violates GPL (FYI)

"Ciuca, Josephine" <josephine.ciuca@sap.com>
> only get the sources for 15eur and if I think it's expensive, I should
> use other distribution. This is abusive usage of the GPL code. Please
> let me know if I should forward these mails too or if you need anything.

http://www.fsf.org/licensing/licenses/gpl-faq.html#WhoHasThePower
Only copyright holders can enforce the GPL.  From the site
http://www.minivdr.de/home/ it looks like it will include
much copyright material licensed by debian developers and the
GNU project.  Could you send a summary to debian-legal (email
will be public) or the FSF's violation address (private AIUI)
for review, to let those who can act decide what to do about it?
http://www.fsf.org/licensing/licenses/gpl-violation.html

Please do not forward their mails, but quote them as needed
to make your case.  Don't want miniVDR accusing you of
copyright infringement, do you?

Hope that helps,
--
MJR/slef