Re: irc.debian.org

On 4/30/06, Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> wrote:
I've heard it suggested by a variety of people that we should move the
official irc.debian.org alias away from freenode to oftc. I can see
that more and more of my own Debian IRC discussions are on oftc, to
the extent that I'm (currently) not on any freenode channels at

On another front, oftc is also a sister org under the SPI

I agree with the move, but to avoid confusion i would like to
recommend announce it at least a  week before, through debian-announce
mailing list.

Gustavo Franco - <stratus@debian.org>