Debian and professional certifications

I have searched though the Debian website and this
mailing list and the only reference I have found is an
old Debian News regarding the LPI. So my questions
are:

1) Is there a specific Debian policy about
professional certifications?
If not so, what's your personal opinion? Useful,
useless, good, evil?

2) What about LPI? I've seen they recommend training
centres in the UK which are definitely Microsoft-only.
Surely a mistake or are these people interested in
money only?

Ottavio caruso