Re: Debian Subscription

On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 12:36:43PM +0530, Annamalai Gurusami wrote:
> The FreeBSD project has this kind of revenue generation.  I can buy
> their distribution CDs.  I can also buy user guide and administrators
> guide (books).

Actually, that's not true; the FreeBSD project, nor the FreeBSD
foundation, sell CD's.

It is true that FreeBSD Mall, Inc., sells official FreeBSD CD-ROMs, and
that the FreeBSD project receives its share of the revenue; but that is
completely different from "the FreeBSD project sells CD's", and actually
not that different from "A huge number of people sell Debian CD's, and
some of them give the Debian project its share of the revenue".

--
Fun will now commence