Re: Third call for votes for the debian project leader election 2006

Scripsit "Benj. Mako Hill" <mako@debian.org>
> <quote who="Henning Makholm" date="Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 02:32:26PM +0200">
>> Scripsit "Benj. Mako Hill" <mako@debian.org>

>> > I think that the fact that the upload keyring is the same as the
>> > voting keyring is bad. Contributors are told they can't vote until
>> > they learn C compiler flags.

>> Who tells contributors that nonsense?

> Have you read the NM process templates lately?

Are you referrring to the template set that is explicitly meant for
applicants that want to do package maintenance (in contrast to, say,
documentation)?

In particular I don't see anything about compiler flags in the ts.doc
template.

In general, a prospective applicant needs to do some rather thorough
searching before he finds the template at all - they are publicly
viewable, but not simply through clearly marked links from the NM
corner webpage.  Long before the would-be applicant stumbles across
the templates, he will have seen
<http://www.debian.org/devel/join/nm-step4> which clearly indicates
that the T&S step depends on what kind of contributions the applicant
wants to make to Debian.

--
Henning Makholm      "Jeg kunne ikke undgå at bemærke at han gik på hænder."