I am a very new newbie. I am pretty versed with windows OS, but I am looking to learn linux.
I installed debian, the install went fine, but I can not get into the x-windows. I am still stuck in the DOS portion.
I am not understanding the boot process. The system boots, go through it's thing, I logged in using my log in name and password. It tells me I successfully logged in but I am still like at a DOS prompt with the $ symbol. X-windows dose not start. I cant get past this portion to start to play with the Debian OS.
What is : $
Please help.
Mit Freundlichen Gruben,