Re: Linux Forums

On Sun, Jan 22, 2006 at 10:35:43AM +0100, Andreas Schuldei wrote:
> * Martin Schulze <joey@infodrom.org> [2006-01-22 09:11:56]:

> > Mark Daher wrote:
> > > Hi,

> > > My name is Mark Daher, owner of LinuxForums.org , I would like to make
> > > my site the official forums of the Debian since there aren't any,
> > > helping people with Debian, etc.

> > Did debianHELP, Planet Debian and debianforum.de recently close?

> why ask this question? couldnt you check for yourself?

> do you try to turn away recources and help?

> if yes, why? do you think debian does not need any more help and
> is good as it is? why do you think there is no need for
> improvement?

Is community support for Debian so bad that you think we need to form
partnerships with companies seeking to become "official" Debian support
channels who obviously don't understand Debian at all?

> debian is rather weak in these forum based support structures,
> which attract a lot of new linux users. other distros are doing
> much better in that regard.

Sure, we're weak in them because (AFAICT) most people in the Debian
community despise web forums.  Why would we then want to endorse any one of
them as an "official" support channel?