Re: Consultant entries that will be removed unless there is an email address provided

Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> wrote:
> You could ask him yourself.  My concern is whether this is a sane guideline
> to impose, not to be Joey's keeper.

I consider the guideline sane and it's been discussed since the
start of last November at least on -project and -www.  The reason
is primarily to do some QA on what sort of response online
enquries get, but also to help keep the database fresh. The
need to update details has been fairly well publicised, too.

After all that, you opine it is "rather suboptimal" without
offering any assistance. My estimation is that you would
rather offer stale listings to debian users than fix this.

--
MJ Ray (slef), K. Lynn, England, email see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/
http://people.debian.org/~mjr/