Re: Advertising on Planet Debian

On Tue, 3 May 2005, Martin Schulze wrote:

> We are not accepting this on the debian-* lists normally, [...]

I disagree. We *are* accepting it on the debian-* lists normally.
Do you want some random sample from my debian-lists-spam mbox folder?

What is commonly called "Debian mailing list advertising policy" is
currently a bad joke. IMHO, we should either:

a) Be serious and remove such joke from lists.debian.org web pages.

or

b) Be serious and prevent spam from reaching our lists *much* more effectively.
   What we are doing to fight spam in the lists is clearly not enough.