Re: Asking question

On Wed, Mar 30, 2005 at 03:40:57PM +0300, Lars Wirzenius wrote:
> ke, 2005-03-30 kello 14:21 +0200, Frédéric PEREIRA kirjoitti:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Currently working in a French public library, and thus for the public
> > utility, I would like to place at the disposal of our readers copies of
> > your distribution of Linux. Indeed, I estimate that to speak today about
> > free became a need, would be to only show people who there is an
> > alternative. Then, I ask to you whether this project is legal, and thus
> > if I can with complete freedom propose a copy of your distribution to
> > our readers.
>
> The "main" and "contrib" part of Debian are free (libre) software, and
> that means you can copy and give away them as much as you want. The
> "non-free" part contains some programs that have restrictions that may
> be problematic for you.
>
> http://www.debian.org/intro/free has some more information.

Notice though, that you may need to give out also the sources or at least
propose them, of the GPLed programs we have there, or provide a written offer
to give them later.

I am not sure how we handle this in such cases though. Full main/contrib +
sources is what, 4-5 DVDs by now ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther