Re: Small teams and other platform positions...

On Fri, Mar 25, 2005 at 12:50:52PM -0600, Ean Schuessler wrote:

> I hope we can focus our group on discrete systems instead of cliques and
> cabals.

That would be nice.  Which did you just do?  What makes a cabal -- a group
of people meeting in person to sort out a problem, or a group of people
making noise about the fact that people met in person to work on problems?

The leap from "team" to "clique" boggles my mind.  The Vancouver meeting was
essentially a meeting of the release team and the ftp team to discuss issues
of common concern within areas of shared interest.  What makes it a clique
-- the fact that these are the people on the teams doing the work, or the
fact that we got together to work most effectively as a team in person?

> When you vote, remember, code is more important than commercials.

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer