How to be debian developer

Dear Sir or Madam,
Last month, i have attended Debian Mini Conference in Beijing. The project manager, Mr. Martin, mentioned about helping Debian. Cambodia is new to Open Source. I am very interesting in this and some of my students want to be debian developer. Can you tell me how can we start on this? For the other suggestions, I would like to ask you to send all manual documents, CDs related to debian because in my organisation, we already setted up a room for Free/Open Source Software.
Best regards,
Rapid Sun
--
Mr. Rapid Sun