Re: New policy for http://www.debian.org/consultants/

On Fri, Jan 21, 2005 at 01:02:51AM -0500, Todd Troxell wrote:

> > Where in the Social Contract does it say anything about "seeking publicity"
> > or "winning over new users"? If and when those aims get in the way of
> > helping our users and/or free software (as they would here), then they
> > are inappropriate and should not be pursued.
>
> I have a feeling that the sites that *do* list Debian are the ones that care
> more about our users, and not just google juice <:

I think the diplomatic answer is "I believe that turns out not to be the
case".

Given that the publisher of a website claims to support debian systems,
whether or not that website mentions debian specifically has absolutely
no relationship to their ability or desire to provide a professional,
appropriate, good-value, caring, or any other type of service.

Cheers,

Nick