Re: files in queue/new can be removed by *.command ?

On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 09:15:22PM +0100, Santiago Vila wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Jan 2005, Martin Michlmayr wrote:

> > * Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org> [2005-01-13 20:05]:
> > > Can I still use rm/mv through *.command file after upload went into
> > > hiding ?

> > No.

> So, while we are at it, how exactly are we supposed to "deal with them",
> as read at the end of this message from "Debian Installer"?

>  Despite being ACCEPTed, this package failed the database sanity checks
>  at the time of install.  This should only happen rarely and in
>  corner-cases (a binary upload of a package which has since been
>  melanie'd for example), so no code to do the necessary unaccept
>  actions has been written.  These actions (e.g. bug reopening,
>  announcement rescinding, etc.) will have to be done by hand.  Also,
>  the files have been left in the accepted directory; please deal with
>  them as well.

> I receive a message like this every day now, and I'm still waiting for
> somebody to tell me how do I "deal with them".

The files in question are not in NEW; I'm pretty sure this corresponds to
the UNACCEPTED state, which means the packages were accepted by katie and
then something broke afterwards.  Please check with the ftpmasters on how to
fix this.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer