Re: Debian Free Documentation Guidelines was: License ofoldGNUEmacsmanual

On Wed, Jan 05, 2005 at 09:28:59PM -0600, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> Florian Weimer dijo [Wed, Jan 05, 2005 at 10:16:11PM +0100]:
> > > So... If I hand over a Debian CD to someone, will I be breaching the
> > > law as I am giving him only the binaries, even if they have a very
> > > easy way of getting the sources?
> >
> > It's generally believed that it's sufficient to offer a source code CD
> > at the same time you give away the CD with binaries, as long as you
> > are prepared to fulfill this offer.
>
> So is it generally believed that live CDs (which have become _way_ too
> popular not to be taken into account) do not count as distribution?

No. If you are handing them out then you should also be prepared to
hand out source CDs to anybody who wants one. This is pretty easy
really.

At most trade shows this is accomplished by having a box on hand with
a copy of the images and a CD burner. If anybody wants them they can
be produced on demand.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |