Re: Debian Free Documentation Guidelines was: License of old GNU Emacs manual

Anand Kumria <wildfire@progsoc.uts.edu.au> wrote:

(Re: requirements for documentation)

> There are many more contentious points that we ought to be able to
> enumerate as we did in while creating the DFSG.  I shall try to post a
> summary, frequently, of guidelines raised to keep discussion progressing[1].

Perhaps an easier way to do this would be to look at the DFSG and work
out what changes need to be made. We have a set of freedoms that we
believe software should provide - rather than providing an entirely
different set of freedoms for documentation, we should try to justify
any changes in those freedoms.

Personally, I'm inclined to believe that free documentation should have
all the freedoms that we think should be provided by free software. Do
you believe it needs more freedoms? Fewer freedoms? A slightly different
set of freedoms?

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.project@srcf.ucam.org