Re: Experiment: poll on "switching to vim-tiny for standard vi?"

On 21-Dec-05, 16:11 (CST), MJ Ray <mjr@phonecoop.coop> wrote:
> Current unstable Installed-Size:
> vim-tiny ranges from 696 to 1852 with a median of 898k.
> nvi ranges from 560 to 1040 with a median of 648k

"Ranges"? Over what? Architectures?

> vim-tiny depends on the 200k-ish vim-common too, so nvi seems
> about half the total size of a vim-tiny today.

Okay, so that's not "about the same". Stefano? If the above numbers are
correct, then the best case is a (696+200-560)==336K increase. Last I
heard, the CD builders considered that a non-trivial amount of space. Or
am I confusing the boot image with base?

Steve

--
Steve Greenland
    world.       -- seen on the net