Re: 100's of mails

On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 11:49:35AM +0200, Rafi Gabzu wrote:
> Hi ,
> Yesterday I subsribed to subscribe to
> *debian-user*<http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/>, since then I'm
> getting 100's of mails asking for help , is that normal ?
> I understand that each mail I will compose will be public but I didn't think
> I'll get all mails to my adress .

Well, you subscribed to the list, so you will get each mail to the list, as
all other subscribed folk will get the mail you send to the list.

A good mail triaging software like procmail will help you a lot to handle
this, and you should also know that you are don't necessarily need to be
subscribed to post to the debian-user list, altough it is more convenient to
do so.

The below procmail rule (to be added to your .procmailrc) should do :

:0:
debian-user

Friendly,

Sven Luther